View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #82
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Hello, my friends and relations (most of you are both, come to think of it). I'm so sorry to have deserted our afflicted village in its hour of need. I have been gathering herbs to ease the pain of my brother's death. Like to try some, anyone? No?

For a while, now, I have been standing aside, listening to what others have to say. Which has been as follows:

1. We should try and lynch wolves.

2. No, we should try and lynch the Evil Wizard.

3. No, we should try and lynch them both.

People seem much more reluctant to put forward any method of achieving any of these goals. The only suggestions I've heard have been, "Guess on basis of personality" and, "Lynch people until we find some wolves, and then we'll know who picked them". I don't find either of these plans appealing (as a healer, I shrink from unnecessary bloodshed).

As has been pointed out (much) more than once, we cannot count on spotting wolf interactions, since the wolves may not know who each other are. I don't see why this is such an issue. My training in healing touched on the unpleasant subject of lycanthropy. According to the ancient lore passed on to me from the earliest times, werewolves often don't show much in the way of pack behaviour on Day 1 anyway... but there are other ways in which they may reveal their beastly nature.

Some of them have been known to use diversionary tactics such as

1. Starting/continuing pointless debates

2. Making lots of "empty" posts full of banter or non-specific general statements that seem helpful but aren't when you look at them closely

3. Repeating what other people have said already.

The only problem is that there's been so much of that toDay, it's hard to know where to start.

Edit: X'd since Legate at #77.