View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 02:23 AM   #66
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I have two things to answer just now: a. the last paragraph you wrote on religion- I don't quite agree with it, but I don't want to argue with you on that because I realize that there are more opinions than just "mine and the wrong one [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].
Quote:
First, I never meant to attack Menelien, personally. And I don’t think she’s some evil being who supports moral anarchy. :P

What I contend is that there is a divine standard of right and wrong – and only one.
First paragraph- why, I never would have thought [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Second one- note the word 'divine'. That adds a religious meaning to your statement, and one with which I don't quite agree simply because it doesn't allow room for opinion. Why are we debating at all, then, if there is onlt one way to live? (I realize that I am contradicting myself, as I said that I wouldn't argue with anything religious, because of many opinions, but I couldn't help myself on that one.)

~Menelien