View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #100
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamChip View Post
>What a load of moaners<
Bush gets more respect
>Frodo's always being stupid with the Ring<
Yeah that totally ruined the theater –DVD release extended-version for me that I went out and bought each episode of and saw six times each to see if that would change… one of these days I’ll go on an internet rampage
Wait...you're being sarcastic, aren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamChip View Post
>Alright, let me get this straight

People who like the Bakshi creation are historical sentimentalists who appreciate bold expressions of artistic experimentation and creative thought applied to the grandiose work --Lord of the Rings. They are, however, put off that the work was not completed.

People who don’t like Bakshi’s work (critics) are upset:

1. --The artwork was not run through a 3d ray tracer
2. -–Bakshi’s gollum and how the critics imagined gollum are different
3. --Gandolf pointed out a few things too many times

Is that it?
Hmmm...I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic.

I thought Bakshi's LotR was good at the time (having seen it at the theater on its release); unfortunately, it has not worn well with age (more like a refrigerated bottle of Zinfandel than a nice, tawny port), and the animation is rather garish in spots. When considering a list of classic animation, Bakshi's LotR is certainly not at the top of the charts (although, as I stated previously, it is miles ahead of the grotesque Rankin-Bass TV version).

In addition, I thought Bakshi's version adhered better to the original plot than Jackson's (which is a plus for me -- far fewer jarring story deviations). Oh, and I was very disappointed that the film ended in midstream (or mid-Rohan more precisely). Now I'll never know if Frodo destroys the ring!