View Single Post
Old 02-17-2002, 09:39 AM   #12
Daegwenn
Haunting Spirit

Daegwenn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have written lots of stories...everything from Third Watch (TV), Inu Yasha (Anime) To Lord of the Rings...and I never really need to think about what I am writing about. I just sit down and things usually come to me. Just relax and don't think that you HAVE to write a story because it shows when you do that. If you are a person that forgets stuff easily, put a plot down on paper.

My first Lord of the Rings fiction came to me when I almost slipped and fell in a mud puddle at school...so I wrote about some of the Fellowship falling into a huge mud pit-it was light-hearted and goofy and really had no reason to it, but people seemed to like it and I enjoyed writing it. That is the most important element of all-- enjoy what you write . There are no technical terms involved (i don't know about you guys, but the scare the crap out of me) or fancy mumbo-jumbo.

I find a great place to go is:fanfiction.net because of the interaction between writers that share a common interest-if you are doing something wrong, many people will let you down easily. ^_^ I have had of those experiences.

Good Luck.
Sincerely,
Daegwenn
A highwayman comes riding—
Riding—Riding—
A highwayman comes riding, up to the old inn-door.

Over the cobbles he clatters and clangs in the dark inn-yard.
And he taps with his whip on the shutters, but all is locked and barred.
He whistles a tune to the window, and who should be waiting there
But the landlord’s black-eyed daughter,
Bess, the landlord’s daughter,
Plaiting a dark red love-knot into her long black hair"
Highwayman
Alfred Noyes
Daegwenn is offline   Reply With Quote