View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 11:31 AM   #43
aragornreborn
Wight

aragornreborn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
There is no way to comprehend God, because He is, by His nature as infinite, incomprehensible. One can not know all there is to know about God. In fact, the more you know about God, the more you realize how little you know about God. However, one can apprehend God: know that He is, know those philosophical principles (which by their very definition are incomprehensible) and revealed truths (which by their own admission can only be understood in community) about Him, and all that that entails. Apprehending God is no easy task, taking into consideration the long history of doctrinal development.
I do believe we agree. And about most everything else, as well. I believe. Although I would be careful how much we associate good with bad. I believe that bad is a rebellion from good and thus somewhat on the same plane. But if you were saying that you believe bad is just less good, then I disagree. Sorry, it's been a long day and it's just started...
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. - Phil. 2:10-11
aragornreborn is offline   Reply With Quote