View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 09:59 PM   #115
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Surely Radagast should make the list as well? I refuse to belive that just because he was fond of animals, he was not powerful.

Good, because I don't want it anyways.

I mean seriously, have any of you ever tried feeding, let alone counciling birds when you have a shiny bit of anything on you? Horrible, horrible logic.

Unlike Gandalf, I will keep it short: I don't think I'd make a very illustrious ring bearer, and for the sake of good dialogue and writing, I think someone else should take it.

Besides *does a runway stance*, gold really isn't my colour.

I think it would be rather interesting to see Menel with this ring, just to consider the back history of such things and the number of people who've been made to hold them, unless a few of you have been sleeping for the past few ages. Elves, Dwarves, Maia and Men have held such things, but really, what about Ugluk's kin?

I wouldn't suggest any of my furry or feathered friends to be ring bearers, anymore than I would simply pick an elve or a dwarve or even Gandalf, because doing something so serious without thought seems hasty to me.

Also, it rings a bit of favouritism too (no pun intended!).

Unfortunately, Radagast apparently knows next to nothing about Hobbits (thought he shares so many likes and dislikes with them), so I'm going out of character to have a pre-cognition about Lobelia's possiblility.

It would also be interesting (and rather, to think of it, 'sticking to the original') to have another Hobbit be a ringbearer, past history aside. I think Lobelia being able to act in her own accordance and in the company of those who can learn from her and give advice in return as well would make a rewarding experience. Then again, what do I know about hobbits?

As for Bombadil, though I respect him for all his wonders and love for the wild, I don't think it would benefit anyone to give him the ring. He is simply not interested and probably has better things to do.

Dain indeed seems wise, of course after many years, and I know of his kin, but as I've said before I would no more favour with logic burdening a bird with the ring than simply giving it to someone.

Galadriel is very wise, but as others have said I will have to agree, she is simply too great to be a ring bearer. As is the same with Gandalf, and even Saruman if he was in the fellowship. Though, whoever does take on this role, I hope they do listen to her good words.

Gildor seems a possible choice, but I think we should have him give his own thoughts before anyone starts collecting votes.

I have to go now, erm, I have to settle a dispute between squirrels and chipmunks on tree ownership...

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 03-21-2008 at 10:03 PM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote