View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #17
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I would recomend Lancaster over Manchester any day. . .Even though Lancaster is not very big, it is big enough to go out and have a good time and at them same time it is a very charming city.
Site of the Pendle Witch Trials and many public hangings, and not far from Sunderland Point, one of Britain's weirdest places. Also not very far from the residence of one narfforc. I quite like Lancaster. We've been thinking about somewhere different to live and that could be quite decent. There's always Blackpool too for some seaside tack (and a free packet of salty biscuits from the ferry that got swept onto the beach a week or two ago)!

If you're travelling North towards Glasgow then you'd be on the west coast mainline (probably travelling in one of Richard Branson's red and grey cattle trucks, unfortunately) and I think that goes through Crewe, Manchester, Preston and Lancaster. Does it also go via Carlisle? That's a very nice place to visit.

Manchester is superb for shopping though - and if you stay there then there's loads to do at night.