View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #196
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ok, I looked through their earlier posts and two things caught my attention:

1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
And even if the wolves are on their own toDay it is right what Legate noted: they may toDay accidentally vote or make open suspicions over their mates and that might be a burden so it's suitable for the wolves to be lenient and nice to everyone. And what's more important, they should not voice any suspicions they actually have - for surely they are on the look out for their mates now - just not to spoil their game later. So look carefully at those being nice and smooth but also to fabricated suspicions eg. those that can be easily reverted as pure Day1 testing or banter.
Now I'm not sure at all if that statement sounds reasonable and innocentish. Many people I know play very individually as wolves, they don't really care much about the survival of their packmates and might do them nasty tricks, if necessary, to ensure their own survival and thus the victory of their team. So why wouldn't wolves actually accuse those they believe to be their fellows just to look more innocent? Suspecting someone is not the same as voting someone and voting someone is not the same as getting someone lynched. Now why I find this statement slightly suspicious and not just wrong from my point of view is that Nogrod is a guy who tends to be open and even aggressive when it comes to suspicions and usually has some opinion on the first Day - like he did now. So wouldn't this comment be a nice way of moving the spotlight from people like himself to less decided and outspoken players? Also it's notable how he starts with the fact that he's actually agreeing with Legate here. Thus his opinion doesn't stand out and it creates more pressure. Nice work.

That and the totally perplexing posts from toDay are all that I find suspicious about him. Otherwise he seems neutral or innocentish.

2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM
Btw, you know what just came to my mind?
After all the twists and turns last WW I think we might be seeing something similar here as well.
I mean, after all the wolves don't do anything, nor do the gifteds.
My humble theory is that we were all made innocents (that somehow makes it much harder to see any wolvishness in one's playing style) and that the roles really will only be PMed later before the first Day begins.
Don't know if Volo is capable of such evil deeds, but it seems to be an interesting idea...
I think that looks a bit like a wolf-Miggy trying to appear innocent... because if such a theory had genuinely crossed his mind, he'd have to be innocent so by posting this he kind of shouts "I'm innocent!", which is something I find a little suspicious.

But that's really all I have against him.

~*~

So I'm really torn. Neither of these guys sends me innocentish vibes. They're both slightly suspicious. I would say I find Nogrod more suspicious than The Might, but I'm vaguely afraid it's just because TM has posted so little that he has not had the chance to look suspicious. I can hardly make any decision before I hear a lot more of him. I don't really know... I could basically vote TM just to keep Nogrod in the game if I have no real evidence of his guilt... I mean, I'd rather play the future days with someone of Nogrod's verbiosity level, not TM's, especially as two loudmouths have already died in this game. I claim it will be a disaster if only silent people make it to the finals... Hmph... and the fact that I have a 50% chance of getting this right really doesn't comfort me... because personally I have the bad feeling that with my luck and current wolf-hunting skills I'm going to choose the wrong one and then it feels even more annoying... Argh. It's really somewhat disturbing to know that one of the two has to be a wolf, if you have no clear idea which one. I'm very glad I don't have to choose now... Let's hope I get a lot of responses and comments from both of my fellow trialists before I have to make the fatal choice...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote