View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 09:10 PM   #61
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Many thanks, mark 12_30 for the info on the penny whistles and the advice for Nimrodel and Amroth...I shall be alone for two hours tomorrow.... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

On a side note, on the first page you told us to mention a song that reminded you of ME. Well, Edvard Grieg wrote a song called In the Hall of the Mountain King . Now besides it being an awesome title, it instantly brings to my mind the image of Thorin Oakenshield. The song itself is amazing: it starts off softly with a lilting pattern. Slowly the same theme repeats with a base towards the middle and some cellos or fiddles before it surges into a powerful burst of music with drums. The same soft theme is there, but it's like thunder in the distance underneath the soft theme. It ends in a collage of drums. This reminds me of dwarves: I can see them delving in a deep mountain hammering metal and stuff....the only problem is I think the piece was used in Fantasia so occasionally a wizard crowned Mickey Mouse interferes. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote