View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #20
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
But on a day such as today, when a vote does not really count, sometimes it muddles the minds of others later on. The first day is for the most part pretty random, but think with the vote not really counting today, it gives the evil doers among us a way to minipulate us with their votes . Seeing as most things today can be argued later as being first day not knowinness.
I don't really know what to think of this statement. While it seems to be plausible - a thought that should maybe be thought about more - my initial reaction to this was suspicion. For two reasons. One, it plays down the importance of discussion and accusation. Two, it looks like a statement that will be followed - by the stater herself or from some other person - debate that is mostly about the vocal players who might be manipulating the village! How horrible!

Instead of being mean and orcish to anyone, I simply meant that we ought to concentrate on someone else than the loudmouths toDay. We need to focus our attention at trying to provoke discussion or reactions from the more silent ones. The chatterboxes will come out with their thoughts anyway. I would hate to have my trial with two people I have absolutely no opinion on. Lastly but not least importantly, as there can be no disastrous results from wolves trying to manipulate us toDay (as long as we have our wits back in the Days to come) , let them do it and catch them doing it. I'm far more concerned about the wolves who will try to slip under the radar, as that is what I suppose many of the furry fellows here are trying to do toDay.

Ka has been all the time in character. It really makes her less suspicious to me. A wolf might be more concerned about her appearances. Yet, on the other hand, a wolf might count on that no one minds a little in-charactering at the start of the first day and use it as an excuse for saying nothing constructive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
"Look at one who who calls himself Legate of Amon Lanc. He is quick to cast judgement on the rest of us. What say you to that?"
I say, he could very well be either provoking discussion or a wolf throwing suspicion around for fun, knowing he can always say he was trying to provoke reactions. So, in conclusion, I say nothing. Or then I can say that while I have no clue of his alignment, I'm laughing all too much at his posts, it's not good for my health, maybe we should lynch him. Wait, lynch? No lynch toDay... how sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
"Right now, my eyes are watching Thin. Quick to agree with the loudest voice that we should all offer opinions, and yet voicing no opinions of her own? Agreement in words and not in action is not truly agreement."
You see, I was supposed to force myself write an English research paper instead of really writing anything (except a short "hello") here tonight, but looking at this post, it looks like I couldn't keep the decision and it's going to be a long night for me...

EDIT: xed with our local pessimist :-P
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote