View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #127
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
davem ... I mentioned the honor ofthe Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for ROTK and you then asked

Quote:
And how many of those time servers have actually read LotR?
Perhaps it has been a long day, BUT .... the AA was not given for the book LOTR. It was given for the adaption of the book to the screen as a screenplay. You seem to be laboring a gross misunderstanding of the nature of the award and what it is for. I, and I am sure that you also, would have absolutely no idea how many Academy members have read LOTR. It could be many, it could be few, it could be all, it could be none. Such a question serves no purpose since it can not be answered with any authority.

I do not remember anyone in the theater screaming at the awful nature of having Galadriel deliver that line. I do not remember any critic in the print media or broadcast media pointing out problems with that line as you seem to feel there are. Seems to me you are picking at a very tiny piece of lint that nobody else notices or even cares about. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

But when it comes to ripping on the films, what else is new?
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote