View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 03:14 AM   #22
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think it's rather funny - I rewatched the movies after a long while of not watching them and I liked them actually more than before (even though less than when they first came out).

Time is to blame. The movies have existed long enough for me to accept them and I daresay I've grown up too and become less of a purist. (I remember when I first watched the movies I loved complaining about things like colour of the horses etc. )

The actors (especially Viggo Mortensen and David Wenham) annoyed me less than they did before - they were doing a decent job, after all, even though I must say I found Orlando Bloom even more annoying than before. Uncanonicity troubled me far less than before, even though I still think Jackson got many things plain wrong (like the Elves coming to Helm's Deep and Frodo ordering Sam to go away... eurgh).

Lastly, I must say I truly enjoyed watching the movies, thanks to a few amazingly excellent actors (Sean Bean, Sir Ian McKellen and Bernard Hill), breathtaking imaginery, beautiful music (I just love the Rohan theme) and the story, which I perceived, is still the same lovely story from the book.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote