View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #12
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
Here is a fuller explaination from Pieter Collier of the Tolkien Library website regarding his changing opinion on the films.

Quote:
I am one of the people who were very critical towards the movies. I can recall the announcement of the Peter Jackson interpretation and from the beginning I was filled with fear towards it. Of course I was curious and there for went to the avant-premi?re of the movie. The Fellowship of the Rings took away a lot of my fears and I was happy to see that Peter Jacksonīs interpretation was very close to my personal imagination. Yet the second and especially the third movie were very disappointing and I was sad, angry and very uncomfortable about it all. I felt that the movies were too far away of my own vision of the books and I felt that too many things had been changed, deleted or added.

Now I read the book The Frodo Franchise by Christine Thompson, a book everyone really should read, and I regained a lot of respect for the work of Peter Jackson. I now have much more understanding on how the movie was made and what difficulties Peter Jackson had to face to get it all done. The book also shows us all the hard labor and passion by the director to create the best movie possible.
I find it admirable that he would change his opinion after gaining more knowledge of just how the film business works and the hurdles Jackson had to overcome to get a quality product on screen. In my humble opinion, many others would do well to educate themselves to the process to gain a fuller knowledge of just what movie making entails.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote