View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #92
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
WCH - I do agree that far too often Gimli was used as the butt of a joke or for 6th grade level humor. We agree on that and I would hope that THE HOBBIT - which is filled with dwarves and their history - would refrain from that.

Bethberry - I think we talked about this very issue before and you previously related that sad experience. While I am not a big death penalty advocate, I could be convinced to use it on the spot for cretins who display rude and boorish behavior in public theaters. I sympathize with you there. However, my experience with the three LOTR films was almost the direct and complete opposite of yours. I saw the three films over a total of 30 times, and for opening days the atmosphere was almost reverential. Many people seemed to be waiting a lifetime for the films and acted as ifthey were in a church. Some of the best behaved crowds I have ever seen in my nearly six decades on the planet. As the weeks rolled on, the crowd was no better or no worse than any other film I have seen.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote