View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #508
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I must take back my earlier theory of Eomer as it seemed to fit really well with the night 3 as he really did seem to switch but I agree with SpM, that since it was pointed out in the narration, my theory doesn't fit with the evidence. I'm reluctant to not suspect him as he doesn't sit right but I won't be voting for him today. My vote remains for The Might as his post today is again unhelpful and I feel he could be avoiding saying anything incriminating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
One thing that we do know from the facts (as far as we can ever be sure of anything in this village). If the Cursed was turned on Night 4, it cannot have been Nogrod, Nerwen or Mac. The Cursed was either Rikae, in which case she was awakened on the very Night that Farael dreamed of her and found her a Wolf, or it is the remaining Wolf. I find the latter more likely.
Saucie, you have been fairly lucid on your guesses but this section quoted above made me think a bit. I wonder if the wolves had the option, so to speak of who was there cursed and on a predesignated night the remaining wolves were able to pick. If Mac began as a wolf, which seems very apparent now, then it is probable that he picked Rikae on the 4th night. The trade off would likely have been that while you get to pick who is your wolf you don't get a kill that night. It makes sense that he would pick Rikae due to their RL stuff. As with SpM these are ideas and cannot be proved but may help explain things. If this is true, for example, then we have a wolf on our hands from the start, if not then we need to find the cursed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
I have not forgotten the way he voted for Farael and then switched to Mac on Day 5.
For what it is worth, I was, like most, very confused at the time. I thought it wise to try and keep things equal so as to continue to apply pressure to both parties. My gut told me to keep trusting Boromir and he was really the only of the 4 I trusted. So his plea for me to switch sounded desparate but genuine so I decided to follow him.

As a whole I would really appreciate hearing more from Kath, Isabell and The Might.