View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #34
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenamir View Post
Crowe as Bard would almost, almost be sufficient grounds for me to boycott the movie altogether.

Cary Elwes as Thranduil -- ditto.
And me. He was fabulous in Master & Commander (can watch that film over and over, but then I loves me tall ships...) but I don't think I can forgive him for the atrocity he is about to commit with Nottingham which casts Robin as a baddie and the Sheriff as a goodie. Some things, you just do NOT mess with!

Anyway, some inspired ideas from Thenamir and Hookbill both here! James Purefoy is another great actor who's emerged lately. And some inspired choices from character actors and comedians: Mark Addy (also from The Full Monty), Timothy Spall, Bill Bailey, Tony Robinson, Vic Reeves...How about a couple of the guys from The League of Gentlemen too? Mark Gatiss? But please, NOT Matt Lucas or his mate!

I've now got a yen to see a cast of dwarves made up of our finest comic and character actors...I can imagine them all sparking off one another and making for some great viewing. I saw Hot Fuzz the other night and one of the great things about it was seeing a cast of well known actors and comedians in small roles making the whole thing work as a team - if they did this for the dwarves it would be fantastic.

I fear though we'll see cast of unknowns and unpopular actors - can you see all these dream stars being prepared to disappear to t'other side of the world for a year, to play a small part? I certainly can't! I reckon trawling the cast lists of some of our (and Australia and New Zealand's) cheesier cop dramas and soaps and so forth would bring up your likely cast