View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 01:19 AM   #4
Imperica
Animated Skeleton

Imperica has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Imperica Send a message via AIM to Imperica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfinished Tales-The Quest of Erebor
It was this that led to the War of the Dwarves and the Orcs, which ended in the Battle of Azanulbizar before the East-gate of Moria in the year 2799. Afterwards Thrain and Thorin Oakenshield dwelt in the Ered Luin.
Afterwards Thrain was captured in 2841 east of the Anduin and imprisoned in Dol Guldor where Gandalf found him in 2850. We can assume that a small amount of Dwarves lived there for at least 51 or so years.

Quote:
"For just as I was nearing Bree I was overtaken by Thorin Oakenshield, who lived then in exile beyond the north-western borders of the Shire" - Gandalf
I assume this means the Ered Luin.

Quote:
He (Thorin) seemed content to remain in Eriador. There he laboured long, and gained such wealth as he could; and his people were increased by many of the wandering Folk of Durin that heard of his dwelling and came to him. Now they had fair halls in the mountains, and store of goods, and their days did not seem so hard....
Again, I assume the reference to Eriador to be the Ered Luin, but I am thrown off by it stating to a certain extent "They laboured long and had fair halls" implying that they were new and would not be the ancient mansions of Nogrod and Belegost...

There is alot more information but I am too sleepy.
Imperica is offline   Reply With Quote