View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #23
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
It would be interesting to find even one list I've made as a child - I can clearly remember writing several top5 lists of the characters of the Lotr, Sil etc., but I've no idea anymore who were included in the lists.
Can't resist to post this here. You have given me a "have nice summer" -card when you were 12, and your top list (to which you refer as the final one ) is as follows:

1. Gimli
2. Boromir
3. Éomer
4. Denethor
5. Pippin
6. Finrod
7. Fëanor
8. Eöl
9. Eorl the Young
10. Saruman

So both different and alike.

I wish I could find mine... I had loads of them too. I think I still have some notebooks in which I've listed those but I'd first have to find those notebooks which might prove quite a difficult task given how unorganised person I am...

~*~

I think it's very interesting to look at who people name as their favourites. Ecthelion, who is only briefly mentioned in the Silmarillion (and UT? but I know he's in Lost Tales, but still) has gathered mentions from as much as two people. Also, some members of the Fellowship, Legolas and Gimli, have gathered no mentions this far. I find it odd in a way. I like them both, but neither belongs to my absolute favourites. I wonder if it's just that other people feel the same way, or are there real Legolas&Gimli -haters around?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote