View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:58 AM   #890
Parmastahir
Wight

Parmastahir has just left Hobbiton.
NEW Tolkien Calendar

NEW Tolkien Calendar

I have collected a LOT of Tolkien calendars. Now a first for me. I have been working with Ted Nasmith and Jef Murray to create a calendar for Heren Istarion (The Northeast Tolkien Society). Anthony and Jessie, the cochairs of NETS, are having difficulty keeping the Society solvent (without dipping further into their own pockets!) As they have done so much for Tolkien fans (including organizing the '08 MythCon in Connecticut next year) and as I have been wanting to create a calendar, I have taken the responsibility to create this one. All proceeds will benefit HI. Ted and Jef have contributed some amazing illustrations (some of them previously unpublished!) I am working with my daughter (a graphic designer) to lay out the calendar. It will be in the Shire Reckoning format with Gregorian dates, moon phases, and important dates in Middle-earth added. You can check out its cover by Jef (and support HI should you order one) at:

www.herenistarion.org

Thanks!

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir

p.s. - I am hoping that a plug for this calendar does not offend anyone or run afoul of any forum rules. It is for a good and completely non-commercial cause. (I will certainly abide by any decisions that a moderator may make!)