View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #906
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Rowenna thanked Kara for her orders, put away her bucket and brush, and went up to the guest quarters. On her way she passed Eodwine and Thornden talking just inside the Hall. She continued up the stairs and was soon out of earshot of the two.

"Bothering you?" Eodwine asked Thornden. "He said he wants to stay so that he can bother you? Maybe I need to have a long overdue talk with him. But it can wait until after lunch. Come! Let's sit and eat! And here comes Harreld!"

"Good day to you!" cried Harreld from the far door.

"And to you, Harreld! I didn't expect you until the evening meal! But surely you're welcome now too!"

Harreld looked bashful. "Well I don't usually eat here except at night, but the work is light and I wanted to have some peace from that brother of mine, don't you know!"

Eodwine smiled as Harreld joined them. He could think of another reason why Harreld might have decided to come to the Mead Hall more often than had been his wont. He looked to the corridor from which Ginna would eventually come with food and ale. A glance at Harreld indicated that the smith was looking in the same direction with the same expectation; although in the smith's case, maybe there was more to it. Eodwine shook his head. It would come to no good if Randvér didn't approve. He could put a stop to it, but he hated to ruin Harreld's hope, or at least the enjoyment he had in his friendship with Ginna. Eodwine feared the worst, but could not bring himself to save the two the trouble he foresaw.