View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #126
obloquy
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

obloquy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to obloquy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynor View Post
Therefore, as long as the Ring endures, so does the WK.
Which is patently untrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynor
Being capable of modifying appearance is completely different from being discarnate at the time of making the ring.
No it isn't. Once incarnate, ealar can no longer change their shape at will. Prior to incarnation, they can take on any physical "raiment" they wish.

Quote:
Nothing about the maiar that came into Melkor's service mentions them being any lower than the rest. Balrogs are not mentioned as lesser spirit, quite the contrary can be surmised from their mentioning in this passage. All throughout the work, the balrogs are given prime status among his servants, which justifies at least their equal status with any other fallen maia.
I guess you didn't find it then, did you?

Quote:
Greatest of the Eldar is a rather unqualified, general label - as you yourself have mentioned.
Yeah, it refers to general power level, which is exactly what I have referenced. Glorfindel is not the most powerful elf.

Quote:
Nowhere is it equated with status close or equal to that of lesser maiar.
No, but I never said Galadriel was described this way. However, Glorfindel was, and Galadriel is greater than Glorfindel. Figure it out.

Seriously, think before you post. Are you just trying to distract me while someone steals my belongings? Or what?
obloquy is offline   Reply With Quote