View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #29
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
from Boromir88

Quote:
or a bunch of Elves teleporting there way to Helm's Deep, or there is some Uruk leader named Lurtz...

I have seen TTT more than 20 times and I never saw any teleportation in that film.

The Uruks did not have any leaders in the field? Your objection is to one of them actually having a name? And this name - Lurtz - when is that spoken in the film?

Quote:
But he knew he was making very well the type of movie he was making and never made the boastful claims that he thought he was improving the story.

In the final analysis, this then seems to be Jacksons greatest and most serious sin in the eyes of the True Believers and Tolkien Purists. He actually had the temerity to believe that he could improve upon Holy Writ. Did he not know that he was dealing with the equal of sacred scripture written with the aid of Divine Inspiration?

Last time I looked JRRT was a human being and his work - as great as they are - were and are not perfect. What is so wrong with feeling that you can imporve upon something? In fact, if a filmmaker does not believe he cannot improve in some way upon the written text, they probably should let someone else do it.

Last edited by Sauron the White; 09-15-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote