View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Pipe What to do at Ettenmoors?

Well, I don't know if this is the right place, but who else could help me better than experienced Downers I am calling especially to you who have experience with creating your own roleplaying settings, your own adventures.

I have the following problem. As some of you may know, I am leading - "DungeonMaster-ing" a group of Dungeons&Dragons players. The place is Middle-Earth. We are not playing "classic" D&D. It's Middle-Earth, there are no teleports and similar things, and the game is very, very much roleplaying-based. Now we had a long-time pause (about half a year) when we did not play, but we are going to resume playing soon (hopefully).

My problem is, I have reached probably a "DM-crisis" state. My mind, otherwise full of ideas, is now empty. I have certain long-term plan with the group, but now I am totally out of ideas.

They just arrived at the Last Bridge. This morning (in-game), they will cross it. They're heading for Rivendell, but Ettenmoors is such a beautiful place to put an interesting one-session adventure before they reach Rivendell.

The company is: one old Elf, weary, wizardish, sort of a mentor, like Gandalf. A little girl, halfling, but lived in wilderness for who knows what reason almost all her life. Is just very slowly coming to understand the "large world" and is more at home in nature than among people. But she has some special powers she does not quite understand - the Elf decided that it is his duty to look after her. Then there is one warrior (hunter) from South, from the wilderness of Enedwaith, from where he came during the Fell Winter (the year is now 1312 SR). He ventured as far as the Shire, where the locals were afraid of him, and here he came to know the Elf and the girl. They ventured away from the Shire, experienced many things, and recently, they dared to accompany some Dwarves on their quest east, and now they reached the borders of Ettenmoors.

It's very briefly said, if any of you understand Czech, you can read about it more at http://fellowship.ic.cz But the main thing I wanted was to ask if anyone has any idea what to let them do at Ettenmoors...

I will provide more information if anyone is willing to help me.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote