View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #16
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
Imagine for a few moments if you could go back into the past in mid 2001. FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING would be released in just a few months and anticipation was extremely high.

Now imagine that you could look into the future and discover the following:

- all three films would be massive hits with all three breaking into the All Time Worldwide Box Office list Top Ten
- one of the three films would be only the second film to break the magical $1billion dollar mark and still be in second place years later
- the collective films would be nominated for over 30 Academy Awards, win 17 including Best Picture of the Year
- numerous other awards would be heaped upon the films including many BAFTA's, Golden Globes and other
- The three films would be almost universally praised by professional film critics and be among the highest critically acclaimed films of each year
- one of the films would eventually crack the prestigious AFI's list of the Best Films of All Time and make the Top Fifty.
- many Tolkien related websites would have post after post from readers gushing about the films and their favorite scenes

I think you would have been very happy.

When I read many of these posts I have to wonder if people saw the same films that I did.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote