View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 08:08 PM   #511
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've read the entirety of the rpg itself.

All of this story action in one day.

I don't think I can write Lachrandir quite the way Anguirel did. I can recount a few instances in which I told myself that I would have handled the Elf differently, due to the way I see such a character, a noble of the House of Fëanor, absolutely certain how far beneath himself, and even Tathren, all these bow-legged Men are, even Ulfang.

By the way, where is Ulfang as of this feast?

The way I see it, Lachrandir is going to want an answer to Caranthir's demand quite soon, and he's going to want it from whoever is really in charge, and he's going to want to know just who that is.

And the way I understand such an Elf, he's going to expect to be served rather than have to go looking for this or that lowly personage. I'm talking arrogance. Perhaps I can carry Ang's style through the evening, and have Lachrandir wake up in the morning and think how churlish and beneath his dignity he had acted on the previous day..... just a thought....

This is two months before the battle, right? How much time is the mustering and marching expected to take? In other words, how many days are Lachrandir and Tathren expected to 'suffer' being amongst the Ulfings?

I admit that I have only read the first couple of pages of the planning thread, so If there's a discussion/planning post that already covers this, please let me know.

And I've seen that Tora's father's name has been "Torguar" for the last couple of pages, but started out as "Birna". "Torguar" seems more fitting with the "Tor" prefix.

One other thing. I've noticed a bunch of "saved" posts with nothing substantial in them littered throughout the rpg.

Oh, I've also prepared a chart to help me keep track of all the characters. I'll link it as soon as I figure out how, because it's too big to attach to this post.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-08-2007 at 08:36 PM.