View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #152
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Going against my promises once again but this starts to look like an actual game of ww where two innocents try to tear each other apart while they share mostly the same goal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
No where is it written that this game should be about thorough analyzis, it could just as well be about simple observation.

Whenever I seem to spot a wolf it is not because I look hard at every word he says and try to analyze it, it is often because I spot a single sentence that seem manipulative or something of the sort. I then say tbat this seems wolfish and that is my reason to vote as I do. That should be perfectly acceptable, I should not be forced to look at every word that the person has written and have an oppinion about it.
I perfectly agree with you here!

I'm not looking at everything everyone says in a game and analyse their every sentence myself either. It would be 24-hour undertaking every Day - if that would be even enough... Indeed it's been a while since I've tried a "full-analysis" on anyone as it's so time-consuming and more often than not very unproductive.

But I hope you also agree that for you to "spot a single sentence that seem manipulative or something of the sort" you need the other players to actually post those sentences for you to spot them? So you need others to play to play yourself! Exactly what I've been calling for!

Quote:
If people do not say anything at all (or just post once a day saying hardly anything), I my self would object to it. I think you are in your right to complaint about that, because people should not sign up if they are not going to play.
Exactly. And that's what I'm mainly after...
Quote:
The thing is that you broaden your chritisism to players who contributes and makes vallid points, they just do it to a lesser extend than you and in another way. My guess is that mostly they do so because that is the way they like to play and I do not think that anyone has the right to tell them that their way is wrong.
You yourself quoted the part of my post where I said that this "criticism" - if you wish to use that word - was not directed to this game in particular. I have not broadened my basic complaint to anyone in particular. So it was a more general point. Thus you yourself are quick to run into conclusions as I have nothing against anyone who "contributes and makes vallid points". On the contrary. That's what I hope people would do when they play a game - whatever the extent or the way of their posting is!

Just two short points.

I've myself repeatedly said that I would love to try a different style to play these games. And maybe one day I manage to try it? But I couldn't think that way if I'd think that only one way of playing is right. So your speculation on what I think is clearly wrong.

What happens though in games where the majority posts little or at least clearly less than the vocal minority, the few loud players tend to get killed pretty soon because they are the only ones people will have an opinion. That's sad in a way as without those loudmouths there would be much less for anyone to do (much less sentences you might spot). But that's something I've accepted already a long time ago. This is a question of personal preference to be sure but I couldn't even think I could be in a position to require everyone else to play "loudmouthedly" as that comes naturally for some and would be very hard or even unpleasant for others... and we surely play these games to have fun, right?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote