View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #137
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Night 5: The Night of Mistaken Conclusions

Quote:
(Lhuna)
Mac said he thinks it unlikely you would go after him toNight, but in any case his death would make everyone look towards you. Do you think he deserves to be killed, nonetheless? I think he might be one of the Captains. But my primary concern here is you, because it seems to me that I will go before you do.

Brinn could be the other Captain, I suppose. I don't recall her saying much of Mac, and vice versa. It could be them. Although I would certainly miss her vote of confidence in my innocence...
Ha... yes, vote of confidence. However, Lhuna was much more accurate than me, as you can see, in discovering gifteds.
Quote:
(Still Lhuna)
...Could Mith really have had foreknowledge of Nogrod's innocence, though? If you do not think she will remain suspicious for long, she is another victim option.

So there are my rather vast choices: Rikae, Mac, Brinn, and Mith. Rikae or Mac I would most like to get rid of.

There is one thing I have to let you know, however: If you could so contrive to have me lynched without you being found suspicious once I'm proven guilty, would you do it? There is a reason I missed you last Night, and that we were unable to send a kill the other Night. I didn't expect the busy-ness to kick in this early into the term, and already I am starting to feel exhausted though I'm just on my fourth week.

If you didn't notice, my lack of concentration on the game is leading me to make clumsy mistakes during the Day. It's a wonder I'm even still alive. But I'm afraid I could hardly go on any longer. If I am to go, I would rather do so in a manner that would make our victory more certain.
I think Lhuna played absolutely marvellously considering how busy her real life was.
Quote:
(Guy)
I'm not sure how possible it will be to go after you tomorrow. I've kept you nicely ambivalent until now. I suppose I could do an analysis tomorrow and try to come up with something suspicious, after doing Mac. I'll try. I can certainly lessen my suspicion of Mith... I do fear that I would not win without you though...

As for who to kill, this Rikae thing really is a problem. If Rikae is not a gifted, 3 people know she is innocent: Turin, Beleg and Androg. If she is gifted, she must be Turin...
I'm trying to remember my reasoning. I think I thought that Beleg could not protect himself and that, as Rikae was protected Night 2, she had to be Turin.
Quote:
(Stiill Guy)
...in which case both Beleg and Androg know she is innocent, and she knows Beleg is innocent...

Whichever of these is true, I think it's frightening. Some of the louder people seem to have formed a block - the Mith-Mac-Rikae block is very chummy, with Brinn also in on it I think.

I'm all for killing Rikae AGAIN. Leggy will think we have some kind of obsession,
Who says we don't?
Quote:
(Still Guy)
but it makes sense. If she isn't gifted, then it will still mean Beleg-Turin and Androg will lose a known innocent. And if she is, all the better.

I'll be trying to find the gifteds now. I feel that Mac is Beleg (no point killing him) and Rikae Turin. Not sure about Androg; - but Mith is a strong possiblity! If she knew Mac was Beleg, and felt Mac and Nogrod were innocent like I thought... yes, this makes PERFECT sense to me. She thought Nogrod was Turin because she knew Mac was Beleg and thought them gifted together.
Even the most logical of conclusions can be utterly stupid.
Quote:
(Still Guy)
The problem with killing Rikae: Whom would she take with her? I think Mac-Rikae recognise that Mith is Androg... I think she would kill you.

Grr, this is difficult. Killing Rikae-Turin would result in your death. Killing Androg-Mith would make me lose a suspect tomorrow. Killing Beleg-Mac would be safest, but would not remove a gifted.

I prefer Mith. Getting rid of my top suspect will actually mean I can turn on you tomorrow without looking too bad, which is good. Mac has no powers and Rikae would kill you in the Night.

Agree?
Quote:
(Lhuna)
I am thoroughly amazed at how you manage to make sense out of the roles. I am utterly clueless about them.
As was I, it seems!
Quote:
(Still Lhuna)
I'm okay with killing Mith, because it could result in my death. Surely it wouldn't be too impossible that you just suddenly present a case against me tomorrow. I'll try to fight back as innocent-seemingly as I can so it doesn't appear too easy, and provide my own suspect/s, but in the end I'm sure you will manage to convince them.

You can secure a victory even without me, STAWB. I believe in you.
Quote:
(Guy)
Hehe, well if it wasn't for Nogrod then I'd be lost about the roles too.
Thanks for that. I didn't even consider the existence of Androg until you mentioned it.
Quote:
(Still Guy)
So we're agreed on mith, I'll PM Volo now. Tomorrow I shall present as strong a case as possible against you, with whatever evidence I can.
Of course, it never materialised. It's quite disappointing. If Rikae had just gone with her instincts and voted Gil before Mac voted, the wolves would have won!
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote