View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #121
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The Captains talk: Night 2

A little more talking this time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
So, Shasta was Saeros. Like the narration says, I'm not sure what that means. Whose side was he on? Was he a cobbler maybe?

Our main problem now is the wolves are still hidden. I'm still suspicious of tgwbs, but part of me is not so sure... Any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Let me see...

1. Who's a wolf

Rikae ~ wildly throws suspicion in #20, then goes elegantly along the consensus of killing Shasta: suspicious

Nogrod ~ his switch to tgwbs irks me, not because tgwbs seems innocent, but because this move doesn't fit with what Nogrod said before (though he said he might vote tgwbs). Otherwise, he looks good to me.

Lhuna ~ makes so much sense, it almost hurts. When I was a wolf with her, she was more shy. Feels like an ordo, but I'm not too sure yet. She could still go either way.

Gil ~ as strange as ever. I get an innocent feel from him, though.

tgwbs ~ #21: roleplay and accusations based on roleplay
#22: his vote is bad enough, but the reasoning behind it is even worse (putting me in a box with Isabell and xyzzy). Then again, tgwbs usually doesn't care a lot about his day one vote.

a little suspicious:
tgwbs, Rikae

neutral:
Lhuna, Nogrod, Gil

2. Who's a good wolf kill and should be protected (assuming the wolves will try to kill a good player who is not yet dangerous to them, which many wolves seem to do in night 2)

Rikae ~ if not a wolf, then a possible victim, because, apart from #20, she only really goes after Shasta

Nogrod ~ in a village this silent, killing Nogrod would be most unsportsmanlike.

Mac ~ this is difficult to judge for me. He, once more, managed to get a few people to be suspicious of him, which is very good for him. I'm not sure whether he might be a good kill because he leaves no useful tracks, or maybe seemed giftedish anywhere.

Brinn ~ careful in the beginning, but very productive later on. It would be mean by the wolves to kill her so early once more, especially on her birthday. Her early carefulness might have been interpreted as gifted, but her later behaviour does not stand out in this respect.

Lhuna ~ productive and helpful. Might be killed because she doesn't leave a track towards a wolf, since she voted Mac.

Gil ~ I've never, ever seen a wolf kill Gil.

tgwbs ~ leaves no tracks at all, but is also likely to get a decent share of suspicion on Day Two.

Good kills maybe
Rikae, Lhuna

Undecided about
Mac, Brinn

Bad kills
Nogrod, Gil, tgwbs

Suggestions?

Another idea: some (including me, to be honest) were a little upset about the behaviour of xyzzy and Isabellkya. Might a wolf be so annoyed to kill one of them? It would be a kill which at least does not leave any trails. I could imagine that some could do this. But then, even if this was the case, the two probably aren't worth to be protected, as mean as it may sound...
Quote:
So right now, I still suspect tgwbs the most. Nogrod is a bit suspicious to me as well, but he is always a tough one to figure out. Rikae I'm still not sure about, but your suspicions make sense, so I will watch out for her. Lhuna I have no clue...I am not aware of her normal playing style yet.

Of our two silent ones, Izzy finally did appear after the deadline, so I think she may be around when the Day starts. xyzzy is still a question. If the wolves kill one of them (which is very possible), I think it will be Izzy. xyzzy has a better chance of getting lynched tomorrow if he's a no-show again.

Of those who have posted, I think Lhuna would be the wolves' most likely choice because as you said, she leaves no tracks. Nor is she gathering any suspicion.

Mithalwen is also a possibly if the wolves are stuck, but I doubt it, as it wouldn't exactly be very nice of them.

I think, unless they are big risk-takers, it is more likely the wolves will take down someone who leaves little tracks than someone they think is gifted. After all, it is always hard to tell who the gifteds are after only one Day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I don't know whom to protect. Lhuna looks like an obvious choice, but a) I have a feeling the wolves won't choose her and b) I've got a vague fuzzy feeling about her.

I won't protect Isabell, xyzzy or Mith.
I don't really like to protect Nogrod, Gil or Lhuna.
I can't protect tgwbs if you hunt him. Otherwise he might be a candidate, because if he's innocent, he's a good pick.
I could protect Rikae, more or less for the same reason.
I could go safe and protect myself.
Quote:
It's a tough choice. I say protect who you think will most likely be killed (Rikae or Lhuna in my opinion). We have no idea who is Nienor, so everyone is a candidate. If you protect the person who is attacked and it is Nienor, you saved two lives. If that protected person is attacked and is just an ordinary innocent, you still saved a life.

I have to submit my choice to Legate soon. In objections for me going after tgwbs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Alright, you take tgwbs, I'll take Rikae.