View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 07:24 AM   #88
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Guy woke unexpectedly from his sleep, hearing the end of Nogrod's oration.

"Nogrod," he said, "voting for somebody who is going to die anyway is the same as voting for nobody, because you're not lynching anybody extra. If you like, view it as such. My way, we vote for somebody with a 2/11 chance of being a wolf, and then somebody else dies automatically with a 2/11 chance of being a wolf. We have a 4/11 chance of lynching a wolf there. However, your way, because only one person is lynched, we have only a 2/11 chance of getting a wolf. In effect, voting for somebody who will die anyway is an abstention.

Rikae - I have looked over the voting record, and Mac did say he would vote for Shasta long before he actually did. So Noggie did know his vote was useless - I checked, and his was the last vote that could have been cast (barring other retractions) aside from Mith and the no-showers xyzzy and Isa.

What you say, Noggie, reassures me very much. It seems I was wrong to say you put self-preservation first, and I apologise. I still disagree with you about lynching somebody who would die, but that is now a moot point as it no longer has relevance to our community.

I must say, I find Nogrod quite innocen now. Which leaves me in a predicament, as I must vote soon, have no time to mull over what everybody else has said again (it being my nap time) and must vote in two hours or not at all.

I will, after all, probably go for a quiet person. They are too dangerous as they give us nothing to go on. At this moment, xyzzy seems likely once again, more so than Izzy, who is nowcontributing something again.

Fare ye well, my fellows. Goodnight for now."

He fell asleep again. Rikae looked at him funny and muttered smething about narcolepsy.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote