View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #30
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendė
After missing the hilarious Lordi last year I had to watch it this year and now I feel like suing Eurovision to pay me back for three lost hours of my life.
Well... how many hours we could sue ourselves from wasting?

But I think it's once again the attitude-thing. I know many people here in Finland who organise get-togethers for the Eurovision song contest (I was invited to one also but didn't have the energy today). They make little appetizers from all the countries involved and then eat and drink heavily while watching the show. No one basically likes the music but they have one more reason to party and have fun...

But if it was the orcs (and elves) last year, now many of the songs brought to my mind the Haradrim and the Easterlings. Not that I know how their music might have sounded in the mind of Tolkien but the performances of many East-European countries gave a nice oriental twist to the competition. I myself can even admit actually liking the Bulgarian song.

So a new ME fashion in Europe?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote