View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 07:40 AM   #33
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I just have a moment to check the posts now, but I'll be around before the deadline.

Right now the whole Glirdan issue is most attention grabbing. While I raised an eyebrow at the way Glirdan's second post seems to misrepresent the issues, I can't decide whether to believe it's willful misrepresentation or innocent misunderstanding. The blending of "oh, pretty butterfly..." in character comments with suspicion feels off to me too, but I'll reserve judgement for the time being.
Something about TGWBS bugs me. He says that Roa's first post is "trying to sound helpful without being helpful", and that phrase immediately jumped out at me. It's become sort of a stock-accusation that's easy to fling around, and doesn't really make sense so early in the game. It seems a little too generalized, and especially bothers me coupled with the suspicion toward Thinlomien for voting early (in my experience, she almost always does, and I think TGWBS knows that).
I also wonder why he wouldn't want a hunter to reveal:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy Who Be Short
I'd rather a more important gifted (the Hunter isn't that important) declared themselves rather than letting themselves be killed. .
If I'm not mistaken, an ordinary hunter only kills if he/she is killed by wolves. It seems to me the wolves would like very much to have a hunter safely lynched, rather than revealed.
I don't care for Legate's defeatist attitude; we may have slim chances of catching a wolf on day one, but they are certainly better if we actually make an effort!

EDIT: x'd with Gil and Mac
EDIT2: Oh yeah, just Mac. I forgot seeing Gil's post.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote