View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 06:48 AM   #628
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hmm this may be characteristically inconsistent but while I loathed the Bend houses and similarly mock tudor, mock georgian developments in the UK reproduction furniture etc - I love antiques but I also like good contemporary design - I can accept this little hobbit hole as a wendy house, whimsy, a modern folly. If I had the money and the land I'd build one of those wonderful treehouses but each to their own.. . this is indulging the fancy not a realistic proposition of a way to live... it is a private thing not a development for sale. It is more a fetish than a lifestyle choice...

If you wanted the latter and a hobbit spirit then there are some fantastic eco houses with modern interiors and grass rooves that might suit.. the Aussies have done this even for their parliament building..echoing hte miners "humpy" perhaps...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote