View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #585
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I read Mystic Warrior and Mystic Quest by Tracy & Laura Hickman for a book review for the newspaper my mum's working in and was again astonished by the low quality of the "mass" fantasy.

During the long years I've read fantasy, I've developed a radar that sorts the interesting books. As a result, I hardly ever read bad fantasy books; I know one when I see one. (I did read first of the Wheel of Time after my friend persuading me to do it for months - and I almost threw it to the wall on page three after discovering the baddie's name (Shai'tan) and again a few pages later when the hero sees a Black Rider and etc...)

I just dislike Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance and that sort of fantasy. They're flat, predictable, full of clichés, unoriginal and badly written. I wonder who enjoys reading that stuff.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote