View Single Post
Old 08-03-2003, 08:19 PM   #87
Silver Dragon
Animated Skeleton

Silver Dragon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon
Sting

I think Ancalagon was the most passable of the Tolkien Dragons I've read about...

Smaug-was just stupid (idiot dragon...showed a person he couldn't see he only weakness..was too lazy to clog up the hole in the wall...I could go on...)... [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
Glaurung-did he really have nothing better to do? He went rampaging about...killed a couple armies...and his own army of orcs...felled bridges...collected a cashe of jewels/gold/precious things...would have been better if he had had wings...and died in a better way than having a sword thrust in his bloated belly...terrible way to go... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Chrysophylax-never really finished Farmer Giles...only skimmed the first part [sorry Lhachwen...]...so I can't really say much about him... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Scatha-don't remember anything about him (if I ever read anything about him...) [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

So I guess my vote goes to Ancalagon the Black...winged dragon who was slain by a Silmaril-bearer...and a lot of big birds... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ August 04, 2003: Message edited by: Silver Dragon ]