View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #2659
mhagain
Wight

mhagain has just left Hobbiton.
Howdy folks,

Just discovered this site yesterday, and have mooched around a bit before making intros. Where to start? Well, I've been reading Tolkien for around 25 years now, since a friend gave me a loan of The Hobbit, have read most books at least twice or 3 times, and am a massive fan of the First Age material. I suppose I'm a bit weird in that I read The Silmarillion before Lord Of The Rings, and maybe weirder yet in that I don't actually object to CT's original material in The Silmarillion (in fact the Ruin of Doriath that he wrote is one of the most memorable and moving episodes in the book so far as I'm concerned).

The "New Silmarillion" concept presented here is of major interest to me as I'd been playing with something similar in my own head for quite some time.

Looking forward to having a few more good reads of material here, and would be very interested in finding any theories about the latter history of Maglor (another thing that stuck with me very strongly).

By the way, I normally go by "mh" (which is just my initials), the "again" was just added to meet the minimum length requirements!

Ta for now,

mh
mhagain is offline   Reply With Quote