View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 08:48 PM   #632
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
After Lčođern left, Garmund said, "Do you see, father? My own sister sides against me and with him now." Garmund couldn't even bring himself to use Cnebba's name. "That's what he's been about all the time. Stealing my friends and my sister. Because he can't find friends on his own, sneak that he is."

"I'm not a sneak!" Cnebba cried.

"Yes you are. And Master Falco was right to tell me to not tell you about the twins. You'd just play sneaking tricks on them like you have on me."

Cnebba looked ready to cry again.

"Garmund! Be quiet!" Garstan ordered sharply. "I will not have this." He stopped, vexed at the depth of his son's anger and at the cruel words in which it showed itself.

"It seems that there is a plain choice. You must either stay away from each other for a time, or you must learn to be friends again." Garmund shot a look to his father. The second choice did not sound like one he would choose willingly, but he had a sinking feeling that it would be thrust upon him.

"I would rather that you became friends again. Stigend, you spoke of a challenge earlier to make out boys work together. What is your plan?"

Garmund felt his heart sinking to his toes. Working with Cnebba? Anything but that.

~*~

Lčođern giggled. "Horses talk? I don't hear Snowstreak talking. Can you talk, Snowstreak?" The horse neighed again, and Lčođern laughed.

"Snowstreak is talking."