View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Oh my godness Folwren!! You give the same reasoning and description of a similar dress style I would like for myself. Soft and flowing with just the neck and shoulders showing perhaps. Very Elven I think. I will try and post some pictures of similar gowns that I have found.
Neck and shoulders is gorgeous, though too low on the shoulder's isn't. What is more, Mom would never approve of off shoulders for me. I would do a wide boatneck, I think, which is very elegant.

Quote:
I would love to be married in the spring as well when evrything is so fresh and vibrant, but I like the idea of an Autumn wedding as well. What about colour? Do you go all white or more softer with creams or pastels for the gown?
I am going to go with white for myself, with perhaps some light blue embroidery around the neck. My bride's maids are going to be in white dresses with a very, very thin (extremely thin) green chiffon covering it that will give it a suggestion of a green tint.

But that brings to mind another question - were brides in ME married in white? Or did they have other colors? Blue? Cream?

-- Folwren