View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #651
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hilde -

I was kind of thinking the cavalry would be in the lead, the archers would go forward second, and the foot soldiers "last". We don't want archers shooting arrows down on the head of our own troops, but surely those on horseback would come charging out first. Normally, the archers could stay further behind and whisk their arrows over the others, but that's hard to do with this wind.

As to exactly where the archers are positioned or what they are doing, I would think their attention would be on those heading towards the tunnel. Of course, what they don't know yet is that Imak will be attacking them from the "underbelly" of the camp.

I'm very flexible about all this, partially because I am no expert on battle tactics. If you need something in particular to make it work for your character, just go ahead and I promise to follow suit. Also, even though Lindir will be with the archers, there will be moments in the battle when he'll have to deal with the overall battle strategy and problems such as that posed by those unprotected women and children. So I can't promise he won't go charging off at any minute.

Would Carl be the one to take charge of the archers if Lindir is occupied, or are there others who have more experience in battle?

Since it's Thanksgiving this week, I'll be having fun with visitors and cooking and will likely post sporacically till next week when things should fall into place.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 11-22-2006 at 01:07 PM.