View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 08:51 PM   #571
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Yep, and I can pretty much guaruntee you that, personally, I'm going to kill someone off...
Oh my goodness, Durelin. Don't do anything drastic. We have lots of NPC to dispose of on the side of the good guys.....

Quote:
Athwen could be riding boldly to meet the slavers and act like being surprised and make a run away from them towards the camp - thus luring the slavers to follow her.
Good ideas! I really like the decoy on horseback catching the eye of the slavers and leading them on a merry chase that heads straight towards the hidden trenches/tunnels and our waiting cavalry who attack from the flank. I can also imagine the foot soldiers lying in wait and springing out once some of the slavers have been knocked off their horses.

One problem I see is the burning fires. Durelin and I had agreed that there would be a little wind/sand storm blowing in to complicate the battle and to let Rôg and Aiwendil do their mischief to help even the odds: here. Well, that may be a bit of an exaggeration. It won't be that bad, but you get my drift. We would have a hard time keeping any fires lit.

Actually, with a storm swirling around, the slavers won't expect to see fires lit. I am wondering if we couldn't use our own real camp rather than constructing a "fake", The people who need to take refuge will already have been led to the safety of the knoll with the sheltering boulders as Lindir described. We could set the stage in our own camp by making it look "occupied". If we just leave some "stuff" on the ground....a few tents, bedrolls, garbage from dinner, the glowing embers of the now extinguished firepits, a goat or two running underfoot, even some dummy figures clad in robes and filled out with hay if we want to get fancy, it will look as if we're still there at least from a distance. Visbility is going to be quite bad.

We need Tevildo and Folwren to weigh in on these suggestions before we take this too much further. Since Folwren's poster and character both have a lot of experience with horses, she would be the logical one to play this part, but we have to see if she would like to do it. I hope so. I have to admit that the slavwers would be more likely to follow an attractive woman, seemingly unarmed, with hair flying out in back of her, rather than a battle hardened man.

Also, Dorran as the leader of the cavalry makes a lot of sense if he would do this.

I'd like to use Lindir with the archers. He has a fair amount of experience on his resume ( )---several thousand years of fighting with the Noldor, including most of the major battles of the First Age.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 11-03-2006 at 08:55 PM.