View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #558
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
An idea...

Are we still on a weapon shortage for the ex-slaves? Even with the traps, the ex-slaves who choose to fight will need someway to defend themselves, and I know not all of them own knives.

How many of the ex-slaves would be able to use a bow and arrow? And how many of them would already own one? Arrows can be quite deadly, especially when used as an element of surprise. The slavers do not expect the ex-slaves to be prepared for attack, so I was thinking, if several archers hid in the brush and shot at the slavers just as they approached, several riders could easily be taken down. The ex-slaves, particularly the fifteen more experienced, have learned how to use the resources around them, so a few bows and several arrows could easily be made. I'm sure Shae could be quite crafty when it comes to weapon making...

Just a thought...