View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 07:17 AM   #34
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Looking at old threads is funny... yes

I've had a few thoughts about this topic and I've come to a few theories...

Both The Barrow Wights and the Nazgûl were (directly or indirectly) a result of Sauron's intervention, correct? Sort of. So, they may well have similar powers and such, yes?
Now, a little quotation from the books:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The lord of the Rings Book 4, Chapter 8: The Stairs of Cirath Ungol
"All was dark about it, earth and sky, but it was lit with light [...] Paler indeed than the moon ailing in some slow eclipse was the light of it now, wavering and blowing like a noisome exaltation of decay, a corpse-light, a light that illuminated nothing."
This 'corpse-light' seems very interesting to me. Very appropriate for the Barrow Wight, wouldn’t' you say? If it is not the same light, then perhaps it is the same sort of power?