View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 03:28 AM   #318
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex
You are adding in action (ie the wk charging at gandalf) here to heighten the scene on screen.
Yeees, okay, you're right. It's not line by line the way it is in the book. But it's quite close, I think.
When I say the Witch King charges towards Gandalf, I didn't mean that they actually get to fight. The WK just approaches his enemy, like he probably would have in the book if the Rohirrim came some seconds later. It's just to show how close to really fighting the two are in the scene.

On whether the Witch King or Gandalf are stronger, of course we do not know. The Witch King has just been upped by Sauron and has the prophecy at his side. Gandalf has just been upped by probably Iluvatar and is a Maia.
I think Gandalf is stronger, but he couldn't have defeated his opponent, not because the prophecy says he couldn't, but because it says that he wouldn't. It would have been a draw even if they did fight.

Last edited by Macalaure; 10-10-2006 at 04:54 AM. Reason: clarity of thought
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote