View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #573
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Javan with Lys and Lčof

“I haven’t been here very long,” Javan said, glancing up from his bowl. “My sister and I only arrived. . .maybe half of an hour ago. Lčof and I have been busy since then putting up the horses. And then after that, he showed me the other horses he had and we talked about his horse and how they’re friends and all that jolly stuff.

“I don’t know anything about where the ol’ Thorn’s got off to. All I heard was that he wasn’t here and he might be back for the evening meal. But that’s still a long way off. Besides, if I know anything about Thorn, he’ll get hungry before then. I also think since he forgot totally about us coming today, he’s got to remember sometime and then he’ll come back. You’ll see.

“Do you know my brother well? He never writes us hardly any letters at all, so I haven’t heard of anybody, except lord Eodwine. Do you suppose I’ll be able to meet him? Is he a very great man? When Thorn wrote about coming here and trying for the place of steward to lord Eodwine, I always imagined the eorl at least as tall as Thornden, a grave, stern chap, but who occasionally gave a nice smile. I mean, he used to be a warrior, didn’t he? He must be grim, isn’t he?” He looked curiously at his two companions.

Taralphiel's Post

Lys paused a moment. To be truthful, he knew little about the Lord of the Mead Hall. He was the first man he had met once he woke, and he seemed to be very kind. Lys had not seen him as a man of war, though through Thornden's stories of the past few weeks with the kidnap of Lady Linduial, he knew well of his bravery.

"I do not know very much about Lord Eodwine, save that he is a very good and kind man. I have only spoken to him once, but he has let me stay here without a word of payment in return. Any Lord to be so kind could not be a completely grim man."

Last edited by Folwren; 10-08-2006 at 08:32 AM.