View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #38
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
Well, the new articles are exactly what I was looking for: tangible evidence that The Hobbit is indeed coming. It still won't be anywhere near July '07, though.

I'm excited. Excited? Nay, thrilled. Nay, tis still too weak a word. Erebor, here we come!

I really hope they don't do two, unless there's just no way to fit everything into one film. What would you call these two films? The Hobbit I and The Hobbit II? There and Back Again and A Hobbit's Holiday?

EDIT: Looking back, now that I've calmed down, the only source to mention the possibility of two Hobbit films is Variety, an entertainment magazine. And that's apparently their own idea, not a quote from MGM. So for right now, emphasis on right now, I think we should expect just one.

I agree 100% that this will be treated as an LOTR prelude. It will be rated PG-13, and will have the same tone and violence level that LOTR did. Which, to me, is a good thing, though I still have reservations about kids who aren't going to get what they expect out of it.

The best thing MGM and New Line can do right now is hand the whole thing over to PJ. Let him write the script with Walsh and Boyens; let him decide whether to make one film or two. I don't think this thing's gonna work unless it's 100% Jackson's baby, like LOTR was.

Let The Hobbit speculation begin!

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING

Last edited by Elladan and Elrohir; 09-12-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote