View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #21
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Given that I'm just over a week away from my next semester... I doubt I'll have time to read anything in the coming months. However lack of time has never stopped me.

I've got a few chapters to go in Sex, Drugs, Einstein, and Elves by Clifford Pickover. I recommend it to anybody who wants a more open mind and doesn't mind the appearance of lack of structure and direction. He discusses Tolkien in it, if only briefly.

I desperately need to finish Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment given that I'm studying it extensively this semester in an independent experiment with a comic book reading, short story writing, young professor. Comments in Portland made connecting its humanization and rationalization of violence to the microfiction Bowling Balls Sent Down Through Windows From Overpasses That Stretch Like Spider Webs Above by Ander Monson don't hurt matters any.

In a quiet search to find topics of conversation between myself and my father, I have boosted the Dune series to a place of honor on my reading lists.

I'd like to reread A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle since it's been several years and a paper I began to write this past spring renewed my interest.

I've had Dr. Zhivago sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me for maybe two years now.

Hm... I've reached five already? And provided the link to a cool story? And technically beat five given that Dune is more than one book? Fine. I'm done. I have to go to work anyhow.