View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #55
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Éomeléo gave a queer look to the girl, but scrambled into her shelter nonetheless. "You again?" he laughed, as he took off his hat to inspect it. It looked not great. "Blood is awfully hard to wash out of cloth" he said. It had a big hole in it too, and the top was still slightly crumpled. He sighed.

"The wind causing you problems?" asked the girl. Éomeléo nodded.

After a brief silence, Éomeléo started talking about himself. He told Valesseka that it was not necessary to call him Lord. He had always been slightly embarrassed by his privileges and had chosen to live a quiet, rather private life. For this reason, among others, he had always been viewed as the strange one in the family, and out of place among the noble class in Gondor, who always enjoyed a good party.

"I will tell you, lady, that I am on this treasure-hunt for two reasons. I needed to escape Gondor, where my family are trying to marry me off with someone I have hardly even met; but I also seek riches for my own ends. My family is wealthy; but as long as I stay with them in Gondor I am shackled by the order."

Valesseka at least looked deep in thought. Éomeléo bid her goodnight, and left her to enjoy her shelter.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 08-13-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote