View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:06 AM   #9
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush
Mmmmm....

Kate Atkinson's One Good Turn, because she is a goddess.

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, because I have to keep up with the Joneses.

The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More by Chris Anderson, because he's pushing a fabulous concept.

Romantic Moods: Paranoia, Trauma, and Melancholy, 1790--1840, by Thomas Pfau, because he was my professor, and still is my friend, and even his most dry, academic thoughts are priceless.

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, because I crave a story that has to do with love.
Behind the Scenes at the Museum was a 90% excellent novel - it falls down due to the appalling ending like so many other modern novels. Anyway, this got me so disappointed that I decided not to bother reading anything else by her - are her other books better? I started The Time Traveller's Wife last year but then didn't read any more - but it did look good.

Anyway, I don't do planning - especially not about what I'm going to read or watch - that's what I do for a living, planning things, so in my free time all is chaos. As far as what the next books I read goes, it might be Neil Gaiman's Stardust. Or it could be the Earthsea books, as I randomly read the first chapter again the other night - a consequence of being sat in Davem's chair and being near the book. His Dark Materials is another possibility as I think it needs a good re-reading by me. However, I might read Under The Greenwood Tree as I have a 2nd hand copy beside the bed, that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Yet another book that's been hanging around is one about Plath that I can't remember the title of. I think it's Ariel's Gift. Then I've got The Conjuror's Bird, which seems to be based on the voyages of Captain Cook, and I've still never read that and it caught my eye the other day, likewise The Farm. Alas, there are new books out that I fancy, like The Cloudspotters Guide and Never let me Go, and if I get into Waterstones with their pesky special offers I might end up adding to the book stack instead.