View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #310
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh, I've just glanced over some of the posts about all this planning and I wanted to put in a word that I would love to see either Sorn killed by one of his own men or brought to trial and executed in Edoras for whatever charges would be brought against him for this crime. It would be terrible if he escaped!

To stretch the time out. . .well, is it absolutely necessary? I can't see leaving Lin there for two or three weeks. That seems like a long time. And how long did Sorn say he would let her live before the ransom was paid?

But, actually, that fake letter sounds like a fun twist, and it would give him a chance to escape to some hiding place, in which case, they would once again be delayed in finding him. Think, though, everybody - at that point, now that he knows they don't intend to pay ransom - what is keeping him from just killing her or doing something bad? Will he send another letter saying - 'I've heard about your rescue party. If you don't change your mind and get the ransom to me, you and especially the Lady Linduial will be sorry.'

Anyway, those are just my two cents worth of thoughts.

-- Folwren