View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #15
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I rather liked the scene. Actually, I liked it quite a bit. Except for Pippin's face. I always laugh at that, because it's the funniest possible face for that serious moment. Which means it's rather out of place in the scene.

But I really liked the scene, mainly because it shows that Aragorn, who had just been crowned King, was still the noble, humble person they had come to know. I think it fits better with his character to give credit to others when it is due. He himself did deserve a lot of credit, which he received (he was just crowned King after all!), but he makes sure that the other key players are not left out.

The fact that Merry and Pippin are left in the shot was good, too. It says to me that, even though they were forced apart and went down different paths, they (the four) are still the closest friends through it all. Very touching indeed.

Also, I think it's very fitting that the hobbits get their moment to "stand above" everyone else before "shrinking" back into memory and legend.