View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 07:45 AM   #72
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Sure, we're welcome to put as much reasoning as we please, but we can't see any of it, and nothing we say has any effect. That's the issue, Roa.
You may have missed it, but I did say the EW sends back the reasoning to the other wolves for them to see and think over. So, the others do see it, and it does have an effect.

Quote:
Plus, I didn't like that we had no way of knowing who the kill would be or why that person was killed...we didn't know who we killed any sooner than the village did, and thus couldn't plan ahead.
Half the time it was a surprise for me too. This was because I would have to leave before the dealine, and so I told Boromir that whoever had the most votes by deadline would get killed. A few days I was honestly surprised by the kill of the night.

Quote:
Frankly, I don't think the EW should have the power he or she does over the choices of the wolves. One danger of creating minions is that the minions may take some initiative that goes beyond or outside your own plans.
But it's wizards werewolf. The point of the game is that we have two wizards running things from behind the scenes. Sure that's a danger with monions, unless you instill order by force. (Dictator like and all.) The real danger of the wolves if that if they get scryed they imediately change sides. This is not so with the gifted. It doesn't behoove the EW to turn a gifted except to get rid of them, becuase They stay on the same side. Wolves who get scryed by the GW are imediately back on the good team. The evil side is disadvantaged at this point. Hence the need for the EW to closely manage the wolves, and if necessary to be able to override the kills.

I told Boromir outright, because of all the information Morm had that if he was turned he was to be killed imediately. This would override all wolfish discussion, but it was for the good of the team.

Quote:
The GW cannot dictate the seer's dream or the hunter's choice
Gurthang is free to correct me on this, but I do believe he did. That's why phantom refused to make a choice on who to hunt. He was waiting for Gurthang's directions.[/quote]

Quote:
werewolves are much less likely, by nature, to be easily controlled.
Actually wolves are pack animals who will defer to the alpha of the group, in this case, the EW.

Quote:
The werewolves should be more autonomous from the EW. He/She should be able to make suggestions, but not an out and out veto.
But what if the wolves pick the EW or another wolf? The only one who would know it is the EW. You forget the nature of evil is to be controlling. The EW and the wolves are a team, and the EW is the leader of that team. What would be the point of Wizards Werewolf if you took away the power of the Wizards?

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 06-30-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote